Our Storage Shed Makeover

Our storage shed needed some serious work! Part of the floor was rotten, some of the siding needed to be replaced, and it needed to be painted . . . So we decided to give it a much-needed makeover!

A Little Demo Work . . .

We had to remove the door, window, and some of the siding.

Our storage shed looks so sad in the picture below. ?

Replaced Rotton Wood

Below shows the rotten floor inside the door and under the door threshold.

We evicted the woodworm who was living in the rotten wood. ?

Below is a picture after we replace the rotten plywood floor and the ban under the door threshold. Good job, Neal for repairing this!

And sometimes you just have to take a break! I ❤️ these two!

Replaced the Siding

We replaced the siding on the front of the storage shed. It was quite rough. We had to cut out around the door, window, light fixture, and exterior outlet.

Primed the Siding

We primed the storage shed to give it extra protection from the elements.

Painted the Exterior

We painted the exterior to match our house. The color is Sherwin Williams Fawn Brindle. Click HERE to learn more about our house renovation project.

Reinstalled the Door and Window

We reinstalled the door and the window. Then we installed the trim around each of them. We also installed moulding on each corner of the storage shed.

Painted the Door and Installed the Light Fixture

We painted the door to match our house. We used Sherwin Williams Pepper Corn. Click HERE to learn how to properly paint a door. (You can see Daisy’s reflection in the door; she got up from her nap to guard me while I took a picture of our storage shed.)

Made and Installed Cedar Shutters

We wanted our storage shed to match our house so we made a set of cedar shutters. Click HERE to learn how we made these shutters.

It is starting to take shape!

Here is the final result! Neal loves that star. It has been a joke between us for quite some time. Don’t tell Neal but I like the star too! ? It is the finishing touch on our storage shed.

Let us know what you think or if you have any questions by commenting below.

Author: Suzanne

Blogger and DIYer with my talented husband Neal. I share about our projects and life lessons following Christ.

6 thoughts on “Our Storage Shed Makeover”

    1. Hey Wysteria,

      It cost around 500 dollars. We had to purchase a few sheets of exterior plywood/paneling, which is 38.00 per sheet, a few pieces of treated wood to replace what was rotten at the bottom, which cost another 100.00. The steel door costs 239.00. A gallon of paint cost about 40.00 and needed a few gallons (including primer). I hope that helps.

      Thanks for reading our blog.


Comments are closed.